Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Intro Blog


Horse on the left, Jackson,
and mule on the right, Sabine.
For this year's iQuest class I am interning at a ranch where I get to work with and around horses. Jessie, the owner of the ranch, has been training me to work and care for the horses. She has about 10 horses, a mule, pony, and miniature donkey. My goal for this year is to learn how to care for the horses, including hygiene and medicine, and learn how to manage a ranch. I've always had a passion for animals and ever since my trip to Kentucky, also known as the horse capital of the world, my interest in horses has grown even more than I had ever thought. Since I am interested in studying equine science and management in college, this intern will help ensure this is something I want to make a career out of. My goals for senior year include: exploring college options, working at the ranch, spending time with family, and exploring my interests.   

7 comments:

  1. Your internship sounds perfect for your interests! I can't wait to hear all about your time with the horses. A career working with horses everyday sounds so fun and this internship will be the perfect starting point for learning everything there is to know about horses. I hope you enjoy your time on the ranch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah,
    Your internship sounds wonderful. I don't know much about horses so it will be interesting to learn about them. I hope you continue to do what you love!
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, I can't wait to hear about your wonderful internship at the ranch! It's so awesome to hear how passionate you are about something that you love to do. I hope you have a ton of fun and I hope to follow your blogs regularly to keep up with your activities. I'm wishing you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hannah, It is amazing that you have found an internship that involves something you are very passionate about! I can already tell that you will gain a lot of knowledge about horses that will help you when you go off to college. I am very excited to read more about your stories while working on the ranch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah, I love your passion for horses! It is so inspiring. Your internship is just perfect for you. I can't wait to hear all the you learn and how you use this experience to shape the next phase in your life. You are also an incredibly kind and I appreciate and admire that quality in you. I can't wait to hear about your adventures this year. Mrs. Gagnon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hannah, its so inspiring to hear about something that you're so passionate about! I cant wait to read about your internship and your experiences!!
    Cayla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hannah- Your internship sounds like so much fun! I love horses too but I don't get to ride that often. I can't wait to hear all about your experiences this year and I really hope that we become good friends in iQuest and in Forensics!

    ReplyDelete